Why use Sure-Lite Fire starter instead of Paper or Liquid

It is not recommended to use paper or liquid fire starters because both come with risks to safety that the use of Sure-Lite fire starter sticks alleviate.

You should never use Paper or Liquid to start your fires – for good reasons:

Reason 1: Paper, when lit, becomes lighter than air and will float up into the air and can blow away from your fire and start the surrounding area on fire.   When used in the fire place,  paper can flow up the chimney and cause creosote build up which could cause a dangerous chimney fire.

Reason 2: Liquid is always a bad idea because if you use just a little to much you’ll get a blow back and you could burn yourself.  With liquid fire starters there is also the possibility of spilling a little on the ground which could start something else on fire that you didn’t expect to light. DON’T EVER USE LIQUID IN YOU’R FIREPLACE…..